I love banana bread for breakfast, so anytime I have some extra ripe bananas I like to whip up a batch. This recipe is perfect; it's a little sweet, moist enough to eat alone, and absolutely delicious toasted with a little butter. This recipe is also great made as muffins or mini muffins (I love those little bite size mini muffins!)
|Perfectly ripe bananas for baking|
4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
2) Beat together the banana, sugar, butter, and egg.
3) Sift in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
4) Pour batter into greased pan (I use an 8 inch loaf pan).
5) Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.