I'm still here! I must apologize for not posting regularly this week. It's been a busy one! March is going to be a busy month too, so I might have to drop down to two posts a week for a while. Please forgive me!
I've still been cooking, so I have lots of recipes in store for you this next month... Here's what we ate at book club last weekend.
This buffalo chicken dip was amazing! Everyone raved about how tasty this was. It's so easy to make too - I based the recipe on this one, but added my own twist to it. My recipe is at the bottom of the post. Even though there is a lot of hot sauce in the recipe, the end result was not overly spicy. Trust me... the cream cheese and ranch really mellow out the heat.
|Spinach tortellini and pesto|
Staying with the dip theme, we also served tortellini on skewers with pesto for dipping.
Strawberries, angel food, and chocolate fondue
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
1 can (12.5 oz) chunk chicken (fresh would be great too if you have time)
3/4 cups Frank's Red-hot sauce
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 1/2 cup grated cheddar or colby jack
celery, carrots, bread, crackers, etc to dip
1) Drain the chicken & put into the crock pot. Break up into small pieces (I just used my fingers for this).
2) Add the hot sauce, and turn the crock pot on to low.
3) Cube the cream cheese, and mix in to the chicken/hot sauce mix. It takes about a minute to get it all mixed in.
4) Add the ranch dressing, then stir. Add the cheese and stir again.
5) Cover and let cook two to three hours before serving.